Monday, December 5, 2011

Happy Holidays from Lillstreet and other ways to shop!

This past weekend we invited friends, co-workers, students and members of the Lillstreet community to join us for the second annual department Holiday Sale. Much fun was had by all!

Lillstreet Textile's Holiday Sale!

We had ten vendors this year! Some of them were craft fair pros:

Lillstreet Textile's Holiday Sale!
James and Jordana of Qualaar.

Lillstreet Textile's Holiday Sale!
Heather Bella of Spills Her Coffee

And, for the first time, we invited students to apply as well. They did great!

Lillstreet Textile's Holiday Sale!
Caryn

Lillstreet Textile's Holiday Sale!
Amy

(More pictures from the event in my flickr!)

A few months ago I decided not to prioritize making crafts to sell. Instead, I was going to spend my precious little extra studio time to re-vamp my portfolio. Well.. then I had even less studio time than ever so I pretty much ended up doing neither. But the Lillstreet Holiday sale is one of my favorite events of the year! I definitely wasn't going to miss out.

Is it even possible to feel prepared for craft fairs?! If so, I definitely haven't figured out how. I pretty much had to build my whole collection from the ground up in the three weeks leading up to the event. (Y'know, since I had stopped making crafts.)


I even designed some new products!

I've got birch bolsters and birch/brown wood pin cushions! They're pretty adorbz, if I do say so myself.

All in all, I'd say my booth came together quite nicely.

Lillstreet Textile's Holiday Sale!

I'm doing one more fair this season: this SATURDAY! If you're in the Chicago area, come by and check it out!


Happy holiday crafting, everyone! 'Tis the season to buy stuff made by your friends. :0)

No comments: