Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Inauguration Day!




I've got my chocolate-chip Obama pancakes, and I'm ready for a great speech and lots of pomp and circumstance!  Yay Obama!

***Edit!  After the event!***

SWOOON!  C'mon, you guys know you cried, too!  I lost it when Obama was coming onstage flanked by two women.  Swooooooon...  

Other Highlights:
Aretha Franklin's Hat!  Also, her singing, clearly.

Biden OFFICIALLY dethroning Cheney.  

Obama stumbling over the oath!  I had goosebumps, I can't even imagine Obama's nerves!   

Oh yeah, and NPR trying to convince us that the "overwhelming" amount of purple clothing in the crowd was a symbol of unity and bipartisanship.  (Get it?  Red AND blue??  Nice try, guys.)

Happy happy day!   I hope everyone gets to celebrate in their own special way!

No comments: